Thursday, September 21, 2006

Soundtrack for Your Life

Have you ever thought that a particular song described your pain more perfectly than any other song in the whole world? Have you imagined yourself sitting on a park bench, in the movie about your life, at that pivotal moment when the soundtrack told more about your emotional condition than any visuals ever could?

I understand. And I'd like to help you make it real.

Pick a place. It can be any night, between 8pm and 2am. Imagine where you'd like to be. You can be walking down a street or sitting somewhere quietly. The only requirement for the location is that it must be car-accessible; you unfortunately cannot live out your depression in the middle of a field.

Next, tell me what song best describes your pain. This can be any song you like. You can send it to me, or I will find it myself.

Be at the location of your choosing at the scheduled time. I will, discreetly, pull over in my car in a place close to you. We will not interact. I will play your song quite loudly from my vehicle. You will be able to hear it. The people who pass you on the street will be able to hear it too, and they will forever associate your sadness with this song. We will all be joined in a moment created by you. You will not be alone. Please provide me all details (time, location, and song) in an email.

You must live within the Greater Toronto Area. Soundtack for Your Life costs $10 Cdn.

No comments: